I have a ton of respect for what Scott Wright has done with his website NFLDraftCountdown. Not only has the guy turned a sports writing hobby into a dream job, he has also gained lots of respect among league circles and is regarded as pretty damn knowledgeable. Fans the internet over visit NFLDraftCoutdown to get in-depth football player analysis everyday. So with all that in mind, it comes as more than just a slight shock that Scott has Antonio Cromartie rated so low in his NFL Player Rankings:
1. Champ Bailey, Denver Broncos
2. Nnamdi Asomugha, Oakland Raiders
3. Nate Clements, San Francisco 49'ers
4. Terence Newman, Dallas Cowboys
5. Marcus Trufant, Seattle Seahawks
6. DeAngelo Hall, Oakland Raiders
7. Asante Samuel, Philadelphia Eagles
8. Antonio Cromartie, San Diego Chargers
9. Rashean Mathis, Jacksonville Jaguars
10. Antoine Winfield, Minnesota Vikings
No explanation accompanied these rankings, so it's hard to see what criteria Scott judges the players with. But I find it interesting that both Asante Samuel and Antonio Cromartie are ranked lower than DeAngelo Hall...a guy many people feel is hugely overrated. Ask Peyton Manning who he'd rather be facing; Hall or Cromartie?
Regardless of Scott's error in judgment, I'm still going to be a loyal reader of his and I suggest you do the same!
Link: Draft Countdown NFL Player Rankings
Subscribe to this Chargers blog