Snatching Defeat From The Jaws of Victory.

Subscribe to this Chargers blog Go to the front page

The following piece is written by Joe Fiorentino, BoltHype's newest blogger:

I’ve gotta hand it to this Charger offense. Just when you think they actually have something going, somebody on the O says “WE WILL HAVE NONE OF THAT SHIT!” and pull the rug out from under themselves. Bravo. Bravo Rivers for another game with 2 INT’s. I was seriously disappointed when you didn’t get that 3rd pick. Hey, step it up a bit next time and put some touch on that pass to make it easier on the defenders. I guess I just can’t be satisfied with nothing less than imperfection. I really did enjoy what they did on offense. Too bad for that pass interference call that allowed us to score. I was really hoping we would stall again on the drive or have Nate miss a FG. I guess it’s just something they’ll have to continue to “work on”.

You know that old saying, “The more that things change, the more they stay the same”? That pretty much applies to this Chargers D. While we finally saw some different looks, blitz packages, and (OMFG!!!) STUNTS???? By the second half, we went back to the same ol’ looks of games passed where we were dinked and dunked to death and TE’s whom of which we will never hear of again own every square inch of field 5-8 yds beyond the LOS. Cromartie, could you please try and play with a little less enthusiasm? I mean, really. You almost kept Holmes from getting out of bounds at the end of the first half. Good thing you’re a shitty tackler, otherwise he would have stayed in bounds, time would have ran out, and they wouldn’t have got that field goal. WHEW!!!! That was a close one! By all means Rivera, when you watch film and see this beautiful play by Cromartie, or when you see him just stand there while the rest of the team is trying to make a tackle, or when you see him try “really extra specially hard” to cover a receiver, by all means, keep the guy in there. I think our defense needs to stay on the field for as much of the game as possible. So for passing downs, please, keep in Cromartie and Stephen “Wheels” Cooper. It’s the least you can do.

The San Diego Chargers. Like getting ready to bang a hot chick, but BANG!! Grandma pops in your head.

Joe Fiorentino

November 17, 2008

Anonymous said... Nov 17, 2008, 12:21:00 PM

LT only 57 yards rushing, but got the only TD, what the heck is going on? regardless of that one fumble, they need to give Hester a fair chance, last two games Sproles has done nothing, I remember his first year he also fumbled. defence finaly looked good and then the Rivers crew went flat. WHAT THE HECK

Anonymous said... Nov 17, 2008, 2:51:00 PM

The Chargers have been making tight ends look like world beaters for years now. unfortunately, we've had shitty safeties for years as well...

Obama said... Nov 17, 2008, 4:25:00 PM

Yea Cromartie is pissing me off, its like the dude is afraid to hit somebody. I duck my head when I see him go for a tackle because i'm half expecting Cro to injure himself.

Anonymous said... Nov 17, 2008, 7:55:00 PM

yep they cant tackle very good at all, Igor and Castillo aint doing to much at all, Willhem sucks, and Phillips has maybe one sack? and we get 10 stinking points? they got to pick it up.

Anonymous said... Nov 19, 2008, 11:40:00 AM

Don't get me wrong, it pisses me off (I break shit) seeing the Bolts screw the pooch. That having been said, shut up already. You sound like a whiny b!+c#. You are not smarter than A.J. and/or Norv (well,...maybe Norv, but you know what I'm gettin' at). The D actually played a good game against a pretty good Steelers team. They actually did enough to win. The offense was offensive but what are you gonna' do. Do you want to replace Rivers and put in Bob Gagliano, or Babe Laufenberg, or maybe Mark Vlasik? Philip picked a bad day to make poor decisions. This squad is decent and we gotta get after it with the guys we have in place. L.T. gets bottled up because that's what teams game plan for. It's no secret that Philip is playing well (overall) because of it, but when the kid throws 3 tds, the D has been giving up 4. Sure we could all complain about what Marty would have done, well howzabout this,...catch a plane to Raleigh and tell Marty to come back. Wait outside of his house like that girl they found outside of Paula Abdul's house. PLEASE.

These are the guys wearing Bolts, and hopefully they can start to play well in all 3 phases at once, and maybe,...just maybe, this window will keep from shutting in the next 15 months. If you want to jump ship, do it. I grew up in Jack Murphy Stadium watching with 15 thousand empty orange seats, I can do it again.

Joe Fiorentino said... Nov 19, 2008, 2:57:00 PM

Who's complaining about what Marty would have done? I was glad the day he got fired. And I'm still glad.

308 yards passing, 124 rushing and a Pitt TOP of 36:31 and you're telling me that the D did a good job. Comedy.

Anonymous said... Nov 23, 2008, 10:02:00 PM

what did I tell you about Hester, given a fair chance he will prove what he can do, he is faster and has better moves than tolbert, and hes tuff.