A Chargers-Eve 4th And Goal With Jeff Williams

It's going to be a bittersweet Christmas for Jeff Williams; on one hand, his Christmas wish of a Chargers division title has been answered, and yet on the other hand Time Warner's adamant refusal to provide the NFL Network to it's customers means Jeff will miss this Friday's Chargers-Titans matchup.

Twas the night before Christmas and with nary a frown,
The Chargers had won the AFC West crown.
Yet with playoffs for sure, their work is not done,
For a first-round bye they have not yet won.
So on this night before Christmas our Chargers prepare,
To take on the Titans in a Christmas affair.
Now I'm visiting my in-laws in chilly Buffalo,
Enjoying our family and the cold and the snow.
But most disappointing to me on this Christmas Eve
The NFL network is missing from from their TV!

Time Warner Cable deserves a lump of coal in their stocking this Christmas! Anyway...

The Chargers-Titans: What a tale of two seasons for these two teams. The first half of the season looked like the start of a season to forget for both the Chargers and the Titans (but more so the Titans, who started off 0-6). But boy, things have sure changed for both teams, with the Titans going 7-1 over their last 8-games, and with the Chargers on a 9-game winning streak.

These Chargers-Titans games are always exciting, physical games. But here in week 16, that's not really what I'm looking for. Physical games mean injury-inducing games, and that's the last thing the Chargers need right now. Their previous two seasons were hurt by injuries, so just once I'd love to see what this team can do when healthy.

So Santa, if you're reading this (and why wouldn't you be, I am a good boy, ya know?), all I'm asking for on my NFL Christmas list is a healthy Chargers team, a safe (and MVP caliber) game for Philip Rivers, and a little luck in the playoffs. And a Western New York broadcast of tomorrow's big game wouldn't hurt either!

December 24, 2009

Jay said... Dec 24, 2009, 2:52:00 PM

The game will be telecast by KFMB in San Diego. The game has to be shown in the visiting team's home market as per NFL rules.

Rob Zepeda said... Dec 24, 2009, 5:17:00 PM

Jeff's up against it though; out of market (Western New York) AND stuck with Time Warner, lol

Anonymous said... Dec 24, 2009, 6:37:00 PM

I believe it will be shown online at NFL.com.

Anonymous said... Dec 24, 2009, 6:58:00 PM

Expecting a big game. Chargers need to contain Chris Brown, and do what they know how to do on offense. I expect to see a big game from the less-then known suspects including Tolbert. Chargers by 3. Ignacio

Jeff williams said... Dec 24, 2009, 7:14:00 PM

I'm going to be all over the web looking for a live feed. NFL.com, Justin.tv, any other suggestions?

Anonymous said... Dec 25, 2009, 4:27:00 AM

ht tp://talksportsphilly.com/?p=1506

^^^full analysis against the pointspread of this christmas' game between the titans and chargers.

Jeff Williams said... Dec 25, 2009, 8:16:00 AM

I don't think that the Titans can hang with our offense. Unless the Titans completely control TOP (like 40+ minutes), I'm picking the Chargers by at least a touchdown.

karla chargers fan said... Dec 25, 2009, 11:21:00 AM

rock 105.3 fm is also on the web not shown but heard

Jeff Williams said... Dec 25, 2009, 1:03:00 PM

True Karla, I have my iheart-radio app ready for the game