10 things you might not know about BOLTHYPE, along with a request for feedback on how we can do things better. Your opinion matters, so please read and let us know!
10 THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT BOLTHYPE
1. We've got a cool News section that automatically updates with the latest Chargers news from the most respected sites. Just click the NEWS link up top or you can manually scroll down to the bottom of any page and viola!
2. We're on Facebook and Twitter and are pretty active: we post links to cool stores, have discussions about interesting sports topics, and even do contests/giveaways - friend and follow us!
3. You can comment on any post here at BOLTHYPE and have your take read by thousands of fans. We encourage you to log in with a name so that chatting back and forth is easier. We are also experimenting with a more advanced commenting system that allows you to connect with a Twitter, Google, or Yahoo account so try it and let us know how you like it!
4. We post great pictures on our Picasa page - we've become well-know for posting high-quality, original phots from Chargers training camp and practices. We've uploaded hundreds of pictures, go have a look!
5. We've interviewed players, coaches, and executives and are in good-standings with the team. We are always looking to get more insider-type access, and your continued support will help make that happen!
6. We have a YouTube channel which we hope to be more active on - subscribe to our channel and demand that we produce more videos! Who knows, we might even start producing a show!
7. We have message boards that we need to do a better job of being active on. If you guys sign up and start posting new threads, we promise to promote it better and put more effort into it. We need admins, anyone interested?
8. We stay active all year long, even after the NFL season has come to a close. BOLTHYPE is the premier destination for Chargers draft projections and coverage, and we are deadly accurate when it comes to identifying the team's draft needs. Also, we attend mini camps and training camps where we try to give you a perspective on the new rookies, so
9. We are looking for part-time bloggers, so if you like what we do here and want to contribute, your takes could be read by thousands of fans. We don't publish anything on BOLTHYPE simply for trying to milk pageviews; we try to bring editorial-quality to every post we publish on this blog. Players, coaches, media, and fans read BOLTHYPE daily, and we take a tremendous amount of pride in everything we do. If that approach is congruent with your writing style, we'd love to hear from you!
10. We've been blogging about the Chargers since 2006 and have produced more that 700 posts since that time. When founder and editorial director Rob Zepeda worked for AOL's Fanhouse as their Chargers blogger, BOLTHYPE was put on hold for a season, but BOLTHYPE is back and better than ever! We don't call ourselves experts, but we like to think we know what we're talking about :)
HOW CAN WE GET BETTER?
Let us know how we can improve what we do here; always open to feedback, we appreciate you visiting us and want to continue to set the bar for what an independent sports blog can be!
Labels: Site Features
This Week's Popular Posts
5 Signs You're A Die-Hard Chargers Fan 1. You at one point seriously considered naming your child after a favorite Chargers player: H...
Dean Spanos, Chairman of the Chargers, announced this morning that the team is relocating to Los Angeles and will begin the 2017 NFL seas...
The Chargers have a plan on where to play when they move to Los Angeles and according to reports from USA Today, as well as NBC Sports Pro ...
Chargers Nation has heard the beginning of this story a few times already. But, Adam Schefter of ESPN.com is reporting that Chargers owner ...