The San Diego Chargers begin their preparations for the 2010 season by participating in their offseason strength and condition program, Antonie Cason is going the extra mile as he prepares to assume a starting role, and the world famous Charger Girls will be having open auditions this weekend.
Photo credit Mike Nowak/Chargers
CHARGERS OFFSEASON CONDITIONING PROGRAM OFFICIALLY UNDERWAY
Although the term "voluntary" might be a bit subjective, it's nevertheless encouraging to see that 55 veteran players arrived at Chargers Park this week to get started on their offseason strength and conditioning program.
“We’ve had a number of guys in here working out on their own for the last month or so to get ready for today,” says Head Coach Norv Turner. “What that says to me is that our guys are hungry and can’t wait to get going.”
Also working out is restricted free agents Darren Sproles, who has signed his one year tender, and Shawne Merriman who has not signed his tender but has instead signed an injury waiver. By signing the injury waiver, Merriman is afforded some insurance should anything happen to him medically while working out.
“I see no point in not working out with the team,” Merriman said. “I wanted to do this. I’m a big-picture guy. I’m going to be me.”
SOURCES: Chargers.com and SDUT
ANTOINE CASON PUSHES HIMSELF TO NEW LIMITS
The San Diego Union-Tribune produced a great video of Antoine Cason training out in Arizona, documenting his approach to this season and how he plans to go about getting better.
CHARGER GIRLS AUDITIONS START THIS WEEKEND
The San Diego Charger Girls plan to host an audition this Sunday where hundreds of dancers try out for a place on the exclusive 28 girl roster. For those interested in trying out, please head over to Chargers.com for an application.
If you guys twist my arm hard enough, I may have to provide coverage of this highly important annual event.
Labels: NFL Offseason 2010
This Week's Popular Posts
The San Diego Chargers made a move many fans had been calling for; they've released Linebacker Matt Wilhelm. With just a few days befor...
The Chargers have signed former Dolphins cornerback Richard Marshall to a one year contract. The veteran player joins the Chargers at a tim...
2012 will be year three for running back Ryan Mathews in his NFL career and although last year was a step in the right direction, the team ...
There’s nothing like the fresh scent of rookie mini camp in the air and at Chargers Park on Friday, the Bolts officially welcomed the class...