Jonas Mouton

The San Diego Chargers have selected Jonas Mouton, LB from Michigan with the 61st overall selection in the 2011 NFL Draft.

JONAS MOUTON PROFILE

via NFL.com

Mouton will probably find a home as a backup outside linebacker on a team that deploys the Tampa-2 where he can play in space and drop into zone coverage - two of his strengths. He's vulnerable when teams run at him. Doesn't possess the strength to shed blocks and can lose gap integrity when shooting gaps instead of taking on blockers. Shows great effort rushing the passer but just doesn't have the natural tools to consistently get to the quarterback. Mouton can make some plays dropping into zone coverage and make some big hits in the open field. Potentially a mid-round selection.

JONAS MOUTON HIGHLIGHTS

GRADE THE PICK

Did the Chargers make the right choice with this pick? What type of impact do you expect to see from Mouton in his rookie season? Leave your reaction in the comments section below!

April 29, 2011

Aaronsw said... Apr 29, 2011, 6:17:00 PM

Ugh..really. Please tell me this pick wasn't a complete waste. Seems like the second round was non-impactful. Didn't we need impact players with these picks?

Yufrontin said... Apr 29, 2011, 6:48:00 PM

Hey! We found our next Larry English. Yay!

Joseph said... Apr 29, 2011, 8:20:00 PM

I have to say these picks suck!!! WOW!!! Who helped this man with scouting!!! I think he like to piss charger fan off. justin houston and Bowers was still on the broad. I think Casey Matthews is better than this guy.

Winslowfan said... Apr 30, 2011, 3:43:00 AM

Not sure if they reached, but I"ll tell you I LOVED watching Jonas Mouton play on a defense which was a sieve. Being a Michigan fan, i'm jaded but we'll see. The only thing I don't understand at all is how Mel Kiper can say he's underrated, isn't he one of the guys that rates them?????????????? p.s.. it was awesome to see Natrone Means but it would be nice if The Commissioner could pronounce his freakin name correctly. I'm embarassed for the Natron Bomb as he deserves better.

Jessct56 said... Apr 30, 2011, 5:58:00 AM

I'm not sure about this pick ... we will find out when training camp opens. I wait to reserve my judgement. I liked the Liuget, Gilchrist, and Brown picks

Die said... Apr 30, 2011, 9:02:00 AM

shoulda taken Bowers...but hes not a 3-4 guy...but ya passed on Clay shoulda took a chance on Casey.

SDCharger17 said... Apr 30, 2011, 4:35:00 PM

horrible pick with Martez wilson still on the board
F- for epic FAIL

Lighting 72 said... May 1, 2011, 11:17:00 PM

Chargers didn't pick up Justin Houston cause he smoked pot. This guy was a 1st round prospect who slid cause folks shyd away from him. Stupid .. AJ just contrast and compare film of both Mouton and Houston. Now we have to face a steller pass rusher because KC picked him up. AJ you stink does any one your draft room advisors watch college football?? dam shame you running us to the ground.
Lighting 72

Jaron Cantrell said... May 14, 2011, 4:17:00 PM

Just hung out with the guy lastnight, very cool guy with a good heart! give em a chance