Chargers place Barnes on “Reserve-Injured;” re-sign Wells


The San Diego Chargers keep making changes to the offensive line as well as the defensive line and today announced that they have placed outside linebacker Antwan Barnes on “Reserve-Injured” with a hamstring injury and re-signed guard-tackle Reggie Wells.  

Barnes played in 11 of 12 games this season. He had three sacks among six total tackles, including two sacks against Baltimore on Nov. 25.


A 10-year veteran, the 6-foot-4, 318-pound Wells spent time with the Chargers earlier this season, but did not appear in any games. Originally a sixth-round selection by Arizona out of Clarion, Wells spent the first seven years of his career with the Cardinals.  In 2010 he was traded to the Philadelphia Eagles, and most recently spent the 2011 campaign with the Carolina Panthers. Prior to this season, he had appeared in 117 games and made 91 career starts. Wells went to training camp with the Green Bay Packers in 2012 before he signed with the Chargers.


Wells will wear No. 74.

December 6, 2012

Join our team:

2 comments:

Nick in PB said... Dec 7, 2012, 10:38:00 AM

Well, that certainly makes me feel better. Bringing in a guy that was drafted by the Cardinals, that are known to have the worst offensive line in football!

arnie said... Dec 12, 2012, 1:51:00 AM

and to make matter worse, it's another brilliant move from AJ.

Post a Comment

What's your take? Registration is not required but we encourage you guys to at least use some sort of screen name to help identify one another in discussions. Use Name/URL If You Don't Sign In Please!

RACISM AND BIGOTRY IS NOT ALLOWED



Newer Post Older Post Home Page

This Week's Popular Posts

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS NEWS

  Chargers.com

  Pro Football Talk

  USA Today

  NFL.com

  San Diego Union - Tribune

  Yahoo! Sports

  ESPN - AFC West

  FOX Sports